Proverbs 12:6, "The words of ungodly men are crafty; but the mouth of the upright shall deliver them."
Hosea 6:5, "...I have slain them by the words of my mouth:"
Psalms 12:6, "The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times."
In his book, "1984," George Orwell warned that in the future words would be redefined and weaponized by the Left in their effort to establish a tyrannical dictatorship where government controlled and engineered group-think and consensus (called "newspeak" in the book) would replace individual thought and creativity.
Despots and dictators have always known that those who control the meaning of words largely control the thoughts, attitudes, and behavior of society.
In fact, the first sin ever committed resulted from God's Word being twisted, distorted and manipulated when the Serpent (Satan) deceived Eve by making her question God's clear and unambiguous command not to eat from the tree of Good and Evil.
Here is a partial list of the most common words, terms and phrases that the Left has re-defined, twisted and distorted for the ultimate purpose of deceiving the masses and ultimately controlling them.
Sadly, many self-professing Christians and conservatives frequently use many of these words and phrases and unwittingly perpetuate the deception the distortion of these words and phrases leads to.
The purpose of this article is to list the most common words, terms and phrases as well as their real meanings in context with hopes that, in the future, Christians and conservatives use the proper words and terminology.
Words, indeed, matter.
May we all chose ours carefully.
Here is what I refer to as the "Dirty Dozen" which is of course not an exhaustive list but the 12 I consider to be the most important to be aware of.
(A word used to describe those who belong to the Democrat Party and who subscribe to a democratic political ideology/philosophy. The problem with this term is that those in the modern day Democrat Party are mostly hard-core Communists and Socialists. When referring to modern day Democrats I recommend using the term, "Democrat-Socialists."
- A word often used to describe America's system of government. I cringe every time I hear any conservative use this term in this manner. America was initially established to be a Constitutional Republic. Pure Democracies are characterized by majority rule and often lead to "mob rule" as was the case in 18th century Revolutionary France. And while our nation has devolved into a "mob rule" Democracy in many ways we were not originally intended to be one. When referring to our form of government I recommend using the term, "Constitutional Republic."
- A word often used to describe "liberals" and "Democrats" to convey that their political philosophy and objectives represent progress and, after all, who isn't for progress? The reality, however, is that the "progressive" ideas they are talking about include killing pre-born babies, redefining marriage, criminalizing Christianity, and open borders. Instead of using the term progressive, I recommend the more accurate terms, "Democrat-Socialists," "Globalists" "Statists" or "Neo-Marxists."
- Word used by the Left to describe any one who believes abortion (killing a pre-born baby) is a constitutionally protected right. In reality, however, those who call themselves "pro-choice" are really just "pro-abortion" since the baby inside them has no choice in the matter. Instead of calling those in favor of abortion-on-demand "pro-choice" I recommend calling them "Pro-aborts."
-Democrat-Socialists use this word to describe anything that either a majority of legislators or voters votes for, or, alternatively, that any court rules in favor of. Again, Leftists believe "majority rules"/"might makes right." The truth, however, is that for anything to be legal it must never violate the plain words of either the Constitution and, more importantly, the Divinely Revealed Word of God. For example, many on the Left (and far too many on the Right) will claim that "same-sex marriage" is legal because a court issued an opinion (Goodridge, Obergefell
) saying that it is unconstitutional to prohibit people of the same-sex from marrying one another. But since no majority of voters, legislators or jurists possess the authority to re-define what God Himself has explicitly instituted, defined and ordained (i.e., that marriage is the exclusive union of one man and one woman) "same-sex marriage" can never be "legal."
"The court legalized..."
- This is a phrase I hear repeated frequently by Leftists and far too many conservatives and Christians who have all been taught the lie that courts can make law and that court opinions super-cede legitimately enacted laws, statutes and Constitutions. The main problem with this phrase ("the court legalized") of course is that courts (judges) don't possess the legal, moral or enumerated constitutional authority to make, amend or "strike down" any laws, statutes or Constitutions. They can issue administrative opinions on individual cases before them that are binding only on the two parties but it is a blatant lie to assert that a court opinion becomes the "law of the land" the very second it is issued. Suggested replacement phrase: "The court issued an opinion..."
7. "Separation of Church and State"
- Term used by the Left to (falsely) convey that there can never be any mention of God or His Word in any public institution and that the 1st Amendment guarantees a "separation of church and state." The only problem is that the 1st Amendment guarantees "freedom of
religion" and not "freedom from
religion" and that, "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof." The phrase "of church and state" was originally used by Thomas Jefferson to mollify the concerns of the Danbury (Connecticut) Baptists that the federal government would establish a national church but in no way even remotely implied that there could never be any Christian religious practice or influence in public/government institutions. The term "separation of church and state" does appear in a Constitution. The former Soviet Union's (article 124).
8. "Radical Islam"
- This is a term used by Leftists to "falsely" imply that normal (i.e.,non-radical) Islam is peaceful. But the truth is, that for anybody who is even remotely familiar with the explicit and imperative teachings of the Koran and Hadiths that Islam is inherently radical (i.e., that it promotes violence, destruction and death to all who refuse to submit to Islam.) There is only Islam. Radical Islam IS Islam! Instead of referring to those who commit acts of terrorism who shout Allahu Akbar "radical Muslims" or "radical Islamists" call them what they are..."Islamists" "Muslim Jihadists" or "Islamic Jihadists."
-The word "gay" used to mean a general feeling of "happiness" that has been redefined by the Leftists to describe a man who is attracted to and has sex with other men or a woman who is attracted and sex with other women. Suggested replacement words/terms, "homosexuals", "same-sex attracted people" etc...
- Term used to describe marriage between one man and one woman. The only problem with this term is that the word "traditional" conveys that marriage is based on the "traditions of men" when in reality, marriage was originally defined, ordained and instituted by God Almighty Himself. Whenever Christians and conservatives use the phrase "traditional marriage" they falsely perpetuate this fallacy. Suggested word replacement: Marriage.
- Term used to describe a male who has become a female and vice-versa. The main problem with this is that God has only created 2 types of human persons. Chicks and dudes:-) Males and females who have the equipment and DNA/chromosomal make up to prove it. Men such as Bruce Jenner who claim they are now women still possess the chromosomal make up of a man and can never be a woman no matter how much lipstick they put on themselves. Suggested word replacement: Cross dresser.
12. "States Rights"
- States don't have rights. People do. Proponents of "states rights" often invoke the 10th Amendment which states, "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.”
Nowhere in the 10th Amendment is there any provision for any rights for the states. Rather, it recognizes that states have certain powers, an ability to do certain things. Even the 9th Amendment restricts rights to "the people" and not states. "The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.”
Instead of using the improper and inaccurate term "states rights," conservatives and Christians should instead use the terms "checks and balances" and "federalism" both of which stipulate that the power of the government at both the state and federal levels is limited by the rights of individuals. When the federal government enacts laws that are unconstitutional, the states have the authority and duty to reject those laws to protect the rights of the people. Conversely, when individual states enact laws contrary to legitimately enacted federal laws that are in keeping with the Constitution, the federal government possesses the authority and duty to intervene, again, on behalf of the people of that particular state.