Contact: Gregg Jackson, www.greggjackson.com; John Haskins, 818-397-7714
MEDIA ADVISORY, Jan. 27 /Christian Newswire/ — Radio host and bestselling author Gregg Jackson and a growing list of other conservative leaders, lawyers and activists are calling on Eagle Publishing to dismiss editor Jed Babbin and take immediate and decisive steps to restore the credibility of Human Events. Among the names widely known in social conservative and pro-life circles are Dr. Ted Baehr, President of Movieguide; Ambassador Alan Keyes, former Reagan appointee and presidential candidate; Dr. William Greene of RightMarch.com; Coach Dave Daubenmire, talk show host and author; and Brian Rohrbough, President of American Right to Life.
The editor of what was Ronald Reagan’s favorite conservative weekly, Human Events, Babbin only recently admitted in an explosive radio interview that Mitt Romney illegally instituted same-sex “marriage” and $50 government-funded abortions. He now claims that Human Events faithfully reported these facts to their readers, but when asked to support that erroneous claim by citing specific articles in the four years since Romney’s illegal orders went into effect, Babbin angrily professed not to remember and abruptly hung up, ending the interview.
Listen to Jackson’s revealing 12-minute interview with Babbin here!
Archive for January, 2009
Thanks to American Right to Life’s Bob Enyart for compiling this list of Bush’s real record on sanctity of human life issues.
Despite the claims from the “pro-life” establishment abortion regulators such as “Priest’s for Life” Frank Pavone, “Concerned Women of America’s” Wendy Wright and National Right to Life’s Darla St. Martin, that President Bush was “the most pro-life president we ever had,” his actual record says something totally different:
Contrary to popular claims, George W. Bush has had a significant pro-abortion influence.
* By his so-called “exceptions” while in office George W. Bush directly supported killing 112,000 kids
* Bush opposed South Dakota’s 2006 total abortion ban: told ABC News he supports killing some children
* Bush never supported Colorado’s historic 2008 personhood amendment
* In 2008, South Dakota added enough exceptions to fill a school bus, yet Bush still failed to support it
* Terri Schiavo was starved by mostly Republican, Reagan, Bush I and Bush II “conservative” judges
* Bush’s first presidential campaign promise was ‘no litmus test;’ he would nominate pro-choice judges
* in 2000 in the first presidential debate, Bush declared that he would not try to overturn Roe v. Wade
* in the third 2000 debate Bush repeated his campaign promise: he would continue to appoint pro-aborts
* Bush never attempted to ban embryonic stem cell research but actually funded the grisly research
* did not lead the fight to protect unborn children, and in fact, rejects their God-given right to life
* supports the position that started the abortion holocaust: that a child could be killed if her father is a rapist
* signed misguided child-killing regulations, laws that end with, “and then you can kill the baby”
* Bush’s nominee Harriet Miers established SMU’s feminist (pro-abortion) Women’s Studies endowment
* Bush was thwarted from even naming outwardly pro-abortion Alberto Gonzales to the Supreme Court
* Bush appointed pro-choice Samuel Alito who issued five radically pro-abortion rulings (upheld PBA, etc.)
* Bush appointee John Roberts worked to further the homosexual agenda and views Roe as settled law
* The Bush family women including Barbara and Laura are pro-choice
* Bush stacked the 2004 Republican convention with only pro-abortion prime time speakers
* Promised no pro-life litmus test on personnel and surrounded himself with pro-choice Republicans
* Bush opposed some funding of abortion, abroad, etc., but has authorized hundreds of millions of dollars more to Planned Parenthood than Clinton ever did; Bush signed HHS budges giving hundreds of millions annually to PP with Title X bills, authorizing tax-funded abortions explicitly for surgical abortions to kill unborn children including those whose fathers are criminals; and Bush gave Medicaid money for Plan B, the chemical abortifacient.
* Bush was an accomplice to the 15-year partial-birth abortion fiasco; though it raised a quarter of a billion dollars for the pro-life industry, the Republican ban permits other ways to commit late-term and even partial-birth abortions and provided cover for pro-abortion politicians who knew, as Dr. James Dobson wrote, that the PBA ban “does not save a single human life.”
* Bush signed the Born-alive Infants Protection Act which, because it was not based on wise strategy, does not affirm the God-given right to life and has the actual effect of saving not a single child because the abortionist now kills the child sooner, and as a result, often more violently
* Governor Bush’s judicial nominees gave Texas it’s most pro-abortion ruling ever that parents have no say if a minor wants an abortion
* Bush actively advocated the murder of 112,000 kids openly and directly, and through funds he authorized and pro-abortion judges and leaders he knowingly promoted, far from being a pro-life hero, he is typical of the modern Republican hypocrisy on child killing and guilty of the murder of millions of innocent children.
Please send your comments to office@AmericanRTL.org and urge the pro-life industry (NRTL, PFL, FOF, CWA, AUL, ) to stop insulting Ronald Reagan by egregiously referring to George W. Bush, who is irrefutably guilty of directly killing of 112,000 children, and as the most pro-life president ever. Good grief!
I was recently asked by one of my callers on my radio show what I thought, on balance, about President Bush’s last 8 years in office. While I voted for him twice (looking back, I should have voted my conscience for more authentically conservative candidates from 3rd parties) believing that he was the true across the board conservative he was often portrayed as, it is now clear to me that he governed as a liberal disguised as a “conservative” whose presidency was a complete failure almost across the board. Totally disappointing.
“Muslims Go To Heaven” G. W. Bush
Here is the “Bush Legacy” the way I see it.
1. Signed McCain-Feingold “Campaign Finance Reform” into law. (one of the most flagrant violations of core first amendment political speech ever signed into law.) The worst part about it is that he claimed that he disagreed with it on constitutional grounds but believed that the supreme court should be the final arbiter with regard to the constitutionality of the bill even though he swore an oath to protect and defend the constitution which includes never signing any bills he believes to be unconstitutional.
2. Cut taxes in 2001 and 2003 which did stimulate economic growth but failed to reduce government spending which increased at its fastest pace since LBJ’s “Great Society” including increasing the size and scope of medicare/medicaid (medicare presciption drug benefit) and the Department of Education (No Child Left Behind). The national debt increased substantially under Bush from $5.7 trillion in 2001 to $9.2 trillion today! Mind boggling that this occured under a “fiscally conservative” president and congress.
3. Kept the borders wide open for 8 years allowing over 10 million illegal aliens into our country–some of whom were Muslim terrorists who adopted Hispanic names and identities. Bush violated his oath in swearing to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States by repeatedly failing to enforce federal immigration laws.
4. Claimed to be “pro-life” but only signed one major piece of legislation, the Partial Birth Abortion Ban, which didn’t save the life of one single baby. Bush could have done what I recently called on him to do in a recent Townhall.com article–to enforce the inalienable right to life as guaranteed in our founding national charter, the Declaration as well as the Constitution, by issuing an executive order to close down every abortion mill in the country. Instead, as I noted in the article, Bush increased funding for the nation’s largest abortion provider, Planned Parenthood, year after year to the tune of $2.2 Billion, at a slightly greater increase than funding under Clinton!
5. Claimed to be “pro-marriage” but did virtually nothing to advance a federal marriage amendment outside of a few annual speeches. Bush also failed to stop two “conservative” “Republican” governors (Romney and Schwartzenegger) from illegally instituting sodomy “marriage” even though, under Article 4, the president has a duty to ensure a “Republican form of government” in each individual state.”
6. Bush nominated John Roberts and Samuel Alito to the Supreme Court claiming that they were both “strict constuctionists conservatives.” Neither of these men believe that babies in the womb possess an unalienable right to life as guaranteed in our Declaration and Constitution (both of which are part of the “Organic Law” of our nation.) Chief Justice Roberts was quoted as saying that he believed that Roe was the “settled law of the land” and that “there’s nothing in (his) personal views that would prevent (him) from fully and faithfully applying that precedent.”
7. Bush supported and signed into law the gargantuan federal (almost trillion dollar) “bailout” of nation’s leading financial institutions. Bush (and McCain) lost their final opportunity to be seen as limited government “anti-pork” fiscal conservatives. Both revealed themselves as the liberals at heart they both are.
8. Bush signed one of the largest fiscal expansions of the Department of Education ever. Although “No Child Left Behind” did include some provisions for increased “school choice” and accountability/teacher testing, on balance, Bush missed a once in a generation opportunity to fundamentally reform our nation’s education system which many have said poses one of the most significant dangers to the future of America we face. I believe that Bush should have used the bully pupit more to explain to the American people not only the fundamental unconstitutionality of our government run education system that seeks to indoctrinate students with the religion of secular-humanism, but the fact that our schools are turning out epidemic rates of illiterate kids. Bush talked about the “soft bigotry of low expectations” but failed to really achieve any meaningful reform. Illiteracy and drop our rates were roughly unchanged during Bush’s 8 years.
9. Bush was correct I believe in going into Iraq but in my opinion waited too long which enabled the Iraqis to move whatever stockpiles of WMDs they possessed. Bush even admits that mistakes were made in the aftermath to the original “shock and awe.” (mistakes which resulted in the deaths many American lives). But again, Bush sent mixed messages to North Korea by taking them off the state sponsors of terror list and I believe allowed Iran to come very close to completing construction of a nuclear bomb. All of this occured on Bush’s watch.
This is a brilliantly written article from WorldNetDaily by my friends John Haskins and Dr. Alan Keyes. It should be required reading. Print it out and read it more than once.
Now steps onto the stage of world history a man apparently quite conscious that the Supreme Law of the United States prevents him from being president of the United States.
For why else would anyone hire lawyers and expend millions of dollars to avoid producing a $12.50 birth certificate to show eligibility under the Constitution? ‘Midst the rhythmic chants of a delirious, sycophantic media, inaugural splendor will substitute for simple proof that the United States of America will have a constitutionally legitimate president.
If Obama is not eligible, legally, the United States of America will have no president. A usurper will wield such power as few men have ever held, having no constitutional warrant. However beloved of the media or adored by racialist groupies, and irrespective of public support, Obama will be a tyrant, in the original sense of the word (from the Greek tyrannos meaning one who wields power to which he has no lawful claim). As he sends young soldiers to die, even the appearance of his usurpation of presidential powers will insult their sacrifice and thwart the Constitution they give their all to preserve. Even as he utters the oath – hand on Lincoln’s Bible – he will betray it, not upholding, protecting and defending the Constitution, but subverting it.
You recently claimed on Mike Huckabee’s show on Fox that he was “too left wing” and “not conservative enough” for you to support.
- Established abortion with a $50 co pay as a “healthcare benefit” (AFTER his supposed “pro life conversion”) in his socialist healthcare plan that was endorsed by Hillary, Teddy K, and Planned Parenthood?
- Appointed a Planned Parenthood member to his healthcare advisory board (AFTER his supposed “pro-life conversion”) and no pro-life appointed representative?
- Illegally instituted same sex “marriage” without an accompanying legal statute to fulfill an earlier promise to the Log Cabin Republicans not to oppose same sex “marriage” in return for their endorsement? (There was no “court order” as Romney claimed as you know from our e-mail exchanges.)
- Boosted government funding for pro-homosexuality indoctrination of schoolchildren, and refusing to order his education officials to enforce parents’ legal right to protect their own children from unwanted indoctrination about homosexuality?
- Forced Catholic Charities to place children with homosexual couples or go out of business (which they ultimately did) even though he was not required to do so by law?
- Forced Catholic Hospitals to provide the abortion pill claiming that he was required by law to do so even though Mike Dukakis admitted there was no law that existed which required Romney to do so?
- Opposes a ban on homosexual scoutmasters?
- Favors sexual orientation “anti-discrimination” laws for homosexuals, lesbians, bi-sexuals and transgenders?
- Opposed the Bush Tax Cuts?
- Raised taxes by over $900 million as governor (he called them “fees”) which has destroyed the Massachusetts economy?
- Implemented a socialist healthcare plan endorsed by Planned Parenthood that in the words of the Wall St. Journal is in “intensive care” whose costs are estimated to more than double and which the Cato Institute and Boston Globe has said is a total failure?
- Lied about seeing his father march with MLK?
- Lied about being a hunter “pretty much (his) whole life?”
- Lied about being endorsed by the NRA in 2002?
And Ann, is it not true that I and other conservatives shared this information with you explicitly on numerous occasions in person, on the air and in private e-mails and that you chose to suppress it and decieve millions of Americans in the process?
Ann, you’re traveling around the country promoting your newest book “Guilty” which accuses the Left of “assaulting” America.
But isn’t it you Ann, who is “guilty” of rank hypocricy and deceit since you supported the most left wing “Republican” in the history of our country and totally whitewashed his actual record?
That is my question to you Ann Coulter.
For example, you claim in your article that as governor “Romney erased a major budget deficit through spending cuts and increasing certain fees but without raising taxes.” If only that were true. As I shared with you from this article entitled “Mitt’s Mythical Mass Miracle” http://www.spectator.org/dsp_article.asp?art_id=12568 you are not being honest with your readers:
“Tax rates on many corporations almost doubled because of legislation supported by Romney,” Boston Science Corporation chairman Peter Nicholas wrote in the January 6 Boston Herald. Romney boosted taxes on subchapter S corporations owned by business trusts from 5.3 percent to 9.8 percent, a four-fifths increase. Nicholas called this “an important disincentive to investment, growth, and job creation.”
Also, even though I shared the following information, with documented proof sources, with you over 2 weeks ago regarding Romney’s:
illegal institution of same sex marriage and violation of at least 8 articles of the Massachusetts’ Constitution
$50 abortions that he signed into law as part of his healthcare plan (AFTER his supposed “pro-life conversion”)
placement of a Planned Parenthood appointee on his healthcare advisory board but no pro-life member (AFTER his purported “pro life epiphany”
forcing Catholic Charities to give children to homosexual couples even though he was not obligated to by law
- forcing Catholic Hospitals to distribute abortion pills even though he was not legally obligated to
- increased funding for homosexual indoctrination education
support for sexual orientation “non-discrimination laws”
opposition to banning homosexual boy scout leaders
opposition to the Bush Tax Cuts
support for McCain-Kennedy and McCain-Feingold and parts of McCain-Lieberman
support for gun control
opposition to a federal human life amendment on “states’ rights” grounds (but incongruous support for a federal marriage amendment)
You never mentioned any of it in your article!
You totally whitewashed it.
Is this information not relevant to your readers? How do you talk about his healthcare plan without talking about how he established 50 dollar abortions as a “healthcare benefit?” How can you say with a straight face that Romney opposed the Goodridge opinion when he went out of his way to illegally impose it even though the court itself admitted that it had no power to change the marriage statutes in any way and was issuing no “orders”? I sent you the information. Did you not read it?
Again, here is the information and suggested questions I provided over two weeks ago. Perhaps you can explain why you chose to ignore and suppress virtually all of it. And if this isn’t a clear cut example of journalistic malpractice, what it?
As a ten year subscriber to what was Reagan’s favorite conservative weekly, I am deeply disappointed but not surprised. I will not renew my subscription once it runs out.
Questions and Issues to cover in your upcoming “John McCain’s Veepstakes:Mitt Romney” column…
Why he illegally authorized changes to, and issuance of, marriage licenses to same sex couples without a binding enabling statute and falsely claimed that “everybody knows that the MSJC (Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court) legalized same sex marriage” Proof Source http://www.massresistance.org/romney/gregg_jackson_122007.html which even the court admitted it could never do? Proof Sources http://www.undergroundjournal.net/igroops/theunderground/adminpages/Letter-To-Romney-JAN-07 and http://www.robertpaine.blogspot.com/
2. Why his signature healthcare plan established abortion, with a $50 co pay, as a “healthcare benefit? (AFTER HIS PURPORTED “PRO-LIFE CONVERSION”)? Proof Source: http://www.mahealthconnector.org/portal/binary/com.epicentric.contentmanagement.servlet.ContentDeliveryServlet/About%2520Us/Connector%2520Programs/Additional%2520Resources/cc_benefits1220_pt234.pdf
3. When he increased government funding for this anti-family, anti-morality homosexual propaganda, starting in kindergarten and he never once ordered education officials or anyone else to obey existing parents’ rights law? Proof Source: www.massresistance.org/docs/marriage/romney/record/
4. Why he opposes a ban on homosexual boy scout masters and supports sexual orientation non-discrimination laws? You may want to ask him why a Christian bookstore, for example, should have to hire transvestites or face criminal prosecution. Proof Source: http://republicansforfamilyvalues.com/2008/01/02/a-stern-warning-to-the-conservative-elites-about-mitt-romney/
5. Why Romney’s former staff member and others have revealed that in 2002, in return for the homosexual “Log Cabin Republicans” endorsement, Romney secretly promised to let judges exceed their legal power and unconstitutionally impose homosexual “marriage?” Proof Source: www.nytimes.com/2007/09/08/us/politics/08romney.html?_r=3&hp=&oref=slogin&pagewanted=print&oref=slogin
6. Why Romney cited a non-existent state law to force Catholic Charities, the state’s largest adoption and foster care agency, to give children to homosexuals even when normal mother-father families were lined up to give them a home when even former governor liberal Democrat Mike Dukakis pointed out that this “law” Romney was using was no “law,” but merely an executive regulation that a governor can cancel with a stroke of his pen? Proof Source: http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/012/191kgwgh.asp
7. Why Romney should be considered to have strong conservative economic credentials given that his “signature” achievement as governor, his government run universal healthcare plan that was endorsed by Ted Kennedy, Hillary Clinton, and Planned Parenthood, has been a total failure? Proof Sources: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB117246015872919046.html?mod=opinion&ojcontent=otep and http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/2008/02/03/subsidized_care_plans_cost_to_double/ and http://online.wsj.com/article/SB121132884197208937.html?mod=opinion_main_review_and_outlooks
8. Why should Romney be considered to have strong conservative economic credentials given that his $800 million in tax hikes (which he called “fees”) devastated the Massachusetts economy? You may also want to ask him why he opposed the Bush Tax Cuts. Proof Source: http://www.spectator.org/dsp_article.asp?art_id=12568
9. Should voters have legitimate concerns regarding Romney’s integrity considering the numerous lies he told on the campaign trail regarding “seeing his father march with MLK,” being a “life long hunter,” having the “NRA’s endorsement,” always “being for life,” etc…?
10. Why Romney supported McCain-Feingold, McCain-Kennedy, and parts of McCain-Lieberman
Co-Host “Pundit Review Radio”
WRKO Boston’s Talk Station www.WRKO.com
Author of “Conservative Comebacks to Liberal Lies: Issue By Issue Responses to the Most Common Claims of the Left from A to Z”
Townhall.com Columnist http://www.townhall.com/columnists/GreggJackson
hat tip “Voice of Revoultion” on line magazine, the online magazine of Dr. Michael Brown which I highly reccomend checking out.
History has been made folks! Finally, my friend and colleague Tom Hoefling who is Chairman of America’s Independent Party, has, after a few years of blood, sweat and tears drafted this important Personhood Imperative Proclamation:
To become effective January 1, 2009
A Proclamation and Pledge of Non-Cooperation with, and Perpetual Resistance to, the enablers and practitioners of abortion and euthanasia
By the undersigned Citizens of the United States of America:
Whereas, more than three thousand innocent pre-born American children continue to be unlawfully and unconstitutionally killed every day, by cruel and unusual means, and that the evil practice of euthanasia against the elderly and the infirm grows daily, the undersigned citizens of these United States do hereby, in accordance with America’s founding principles, declare that:
“Every human being, without exception, unborn and born, from the very first moment of fertilization, the beginning of biological development, until natural death, existing within any State or Territory of the United States, in accordance with natural rights that preceded, and are preeminent to, the formation and existence of our government, are fully Persons, with the self-evident and attendant God-given, unalienable Right to Life that is possessed by all citizens of the United States; and shall henceforth, and forever, be protected in their Lives and in their Persons under the self-evident principles contained in the Organic Law of the United States: the provisions of the Declaration of Independence, the Northwest Ordinance, which binds all state governments to enforce the unalienable rights guaranteed in the Declaration of Independence, the Preamble to the United States Constitution, the specific provisions of the Fifth, the Eighth, the Ninth, and the Fourteenth Amendments to that document, and in the clear provisions of the constitutions of all fifty States in the Union.
The failed strategy of the “pro-life” movement of regulating child killing is over. It’s time for a new strategy. And this is it!
Add your signature to this important historical document!